Situation: Marketing Automation
TE-CO wanted to develop a marketing campaign that would allow them to zero in on a target market and would increase their chances of establishing brand awareness and loyalty by driving selected attendees to the TE-CO booth.
- Increase brand awareness
- Introduce new TE-CO products
- Educate the industry on the benefits and features of TE-CO products and services
- Learn more about the audience, their preferences, and their needs
- Drive selective attendees to tradeshow booth
To design, develop, and execute a pre-show marketing campaign to increase brand awareness and drive selected attendees to the TE-CO booth.
- Preshow Activities: Determined a targeted audience of 1,000 people out of the 83,000 in the surrounding area. 3 direct mail pieces with pURL and QR code were sent out to explain TE-CO attendance at the tradeshow and incentives to be awarded to attendees who visit the booth.
- Respondents go to TE-CO microsite.
- Survey questions were asked and the following information was gathered: company name, first name, last name, and email address.
- Thank You Page: Thank you message for participating and reminder to look for email containing a certificate redeemable for a prize.
- Thank you email sent immediately with the link for prize certificate to be printed and brought to the show to receive giveaway item.
- Reminder email sent the day before the event with the link for prize certificate to be printed and brought to the show to receive giveaway item.
- During Show Activities: Assisted in designing display graphics for tradeshow booth such as banners and posters.
- Respondents (who already have certificates): Redeem certificate at TE-CO booth to receive giveaway item and are then automatically entered into a drawing to win a toolbox.
- Non-Respondents: Can enter the drawing by speaking to a TE-CO representative who will enter them into the drawing or give them an instruction card on how to enter through a gURL. Participant will have to give their company name, first name, last name, and email address to be entered into the drawing for a toolbox.
- Post Show Activities:
- An email was sent to respondents/ attendees/ participants with winner’s name from drawing.
- A follow up direct mailer was sent out to reinforce the drawing winner and to also inform participant of TE-CO sales.
Sample of Direct Mail Pieces:
- Drip Campaign—approximately 6 mailers to go out promoting TE-CO products, services, etc.
- November 2014—invite prospects and/or current customers to register for 2015 calendar campaign to promote TE-CO products, services, and even get feedback from customers on what’s good, what needs to change, etc. through the use of pURLS, QR codes, SMS messaging, etc…
- 15% of the 1,000 targeted businesses had responded
- Allowed TE-CO to engage several people that they may not have stopped by the booth normally.
“If an exhibitor goes to a large show like this and just expects people to stop by….they will be disappointed with the results. A pre-show marketing campaign is a must for large scale shows.”-Darin Wion, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for TE-CO