An exceptional opportunity is available within the PreMedia department at Think Patented!
We are seeking an individual with a willingness to learn and continually adapt to the latest technology. This individual will work on a wide range of projects requiring exceptional technical and problem-solving skills. The ability to work independently is a must.
Applicants must have a good understanding of the printing industry, color management and prepress processes and workflows. A minimum of five years’ experience with an expertise in both MAC/PC applications and graphic design programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite, is highly desirable.
Following the standards and workflows laid out by the Director is required to achieve the highest levels of quality and accuracy is demanded in the PreMedia department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, testing, troubleshooting, evaluating and implementing improvements to PreMedia application software and system environments to optimize operational activities.
We hold candidate information in the strictest confidence.
Tasks and duties will include:
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting software problems; calling for repairs.
- Determines prepress requirements by reviewing work orders; studying design, content, and specifications.
- Maintains prepress files by filing and retrieving layouts.
- Obtains layout approval by submitting completed design and layout; reviewing and implementing changes.
- Develops design concepts by evaluating space requirements, type size and style, spacing, and graphics; reviewing customer’s designs.
- Initiates printing production by transmitting files.
- Prepares printing plates by separating colors; operating platemaking systems.
- Prepares finished page layouts by writing, editing, keying, and copying text; creating and importing graphics; converting, scanning, and enhancing documents, color corrections, illustrations, and photographs, into digital images; operating proofing systems.
- Maintains quality results by editing layouts including spelling, grammar, punctuation, reproduction, clarity, and consistency; adhering to prepress standards.
To successfully secure this opportunity, you must:
- Must have at least 5 years experience in the printing industry, and a thorough understanding of electronic prepress for both offset and digital.
- Must have expert knowledge of all major graphics packages - Quark, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Pitstop, and others.
- Must be hands on, have good communication skills in order to facilitate proper project management with the production staff, have great interpersonal skills and be prepared to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Must follow operating standards and workflows as presented by the Director having the highest standard of quality and accuracy.
Areas of accountability include:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenanceinstructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilites: Requires the ability to operate a variety of precision measuring devices and magnifying devices. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; use foot/feet to operate equipment; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.